We're 10 weeks in to our season and we hope you are enjoying your Saturday's by the pool. At this point I wanted to say a few thank you's because, as you know, nothing just happens:
* To our committee - made up of volunteers they make sure swim club is up and running each week. Our group this year are juggling commitments to family, work, work travel, study, and other sports clubs.
* To our members (new and old) - who put their hand up each week to help out on the day. Without timekeepers, marshals, starters, judges, BBQ cooks, and people to carry stuff up and down the stairs swim club just doesn't happen. Each time you help it shares the load of the committee and we appreciate it. So please don't be shy to put your hand up to help.
Extra special thank you's:
* Colin Cardwell - a former swim clubber, he brought FASC into the technology age. He developed our website, and this year built our online rego page. These changes have made the registration process very easy for our members and has lightened the workload of the race registrar
* Charl Potgieter - a current swim clubber, he made some modifications to our handicapping database which have made the Saturday rego process much smoother, and dare I say it, stress free!
* Bobby Lehane - the best looking swim clubber ever (not that I'm biased!). His company, CHU, provided a significant donation of 4 new umbrellas and 1 marquee for marshalling. This will allow us to keep our kids, timekeepers and judges out of the sun. (http://www.chu.com.au)
* Bendigo Bank (Freshwater) - they have been a great, long term sponsor of our club and they have again made a financial contribution to our club this year (https://www.bendigobank.com.au/…/co…/our-branches/freshwater)
And on a separate note a special mention about one of our swimmers:
* Zac George - has been swimming with FASC for the past 6 years and in the last 12 months his swimming has taken off. He recently qualified for the Australian Age Swimming Championships in the 200m freestyle event with a time of 2.00.44. The championships will be held at Homebush in April 2018. Good Luck Zac!